This is one of my favorite all purpose workouts – it’s quick and challenging, works both strength and cardio conditioning at the same time, and the best part – no equipment required. This workout also features an added challenge of randomly spaced jumps and burpees announced by the instructor so you never get bored!
Peach Basil Upside Down Cake in a Mug
A simple recipe perfect for a breakfast, dessert, or a light Summer snack.
- 1 egg white (or about ⅔ of a whole large egg)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup oat flour (you can make this by placing oats in a food processor or high speed blender and processing until smooth
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ of a ripe peach, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil sliced into fine shreds (Optional, but is entirely delicious!)
- Whipped cream for topping (Optional)
- Cooking spray
- Spray wide mouthed mug with a coating of cooking spray.
- In a small bowl whisk egg white and honey together with a fork until mostly incorporated.
- Add oat flour and baking powder to egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle the bottom of your wide mouthed mug with some of the diced peach. Make sure to leave some spaces between the pieces so the cake batter can reach the bottom and bake around the peaches. Sprinkle the shredded basil on top of the peaches.
- Pour the cake batter over the peaches and basil. Cook in microwave for 90 seconds.
- Turn mug upside down onto a plate to release the cake. Top with remaining diced peaches, whipped cream, and extra shredded basil if desired.
- Enjoy for dessert, breakfast, or as a snack!