Creamy Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce
A simple and delicious no-cook sauce recipe.
- 1 cup jarred sliced roasted red peppers with 2-3 Tbsp of the water from the jar
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (these should be soaked in water overnight or soaked in boiling hot water for 5-10 minutes)
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower, thawed in the microwave
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- mounded 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Add the roasted red peppers with their water, garlic, and cashews to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add frozen cauliflower, nutritional yeast, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to the blender and blend until smooth. Add more water from the roasted red pepper jar or a vegan milk substitute if a thinner consistency is desired. The cashews will thicken the sauce over time, so if you plan to save the sauce for another day, reheat and add a little more water or vegan milk substitute to thin to desired consistency before enjoying on your favorite pasta!
- Serve over piping hot pasta!