Rosemary Thyme Zucchini Tots with Truffle Aioli Dipping Sauce
A delicious appetizer or veggie side dish for any meal.
- For the Tots:
- 1.5 cups packed shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs (or whole wheat bread crumbs if not gluten free)
- 1/2 heaping cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Aioli Dipping Sauce:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients for the zucchini tots in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Form oval shaped tots about 1.5 inches long, squeezing out any excess water with your hands. Place tots on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake tots for 15 minutes, then flip and bake 10 minutes more.
- While the zucchini tots are baking make the aioli dipping sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Let tots cool 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy! Note: these zucchini tots also pair well with a simple marinara dipping sauce!
Note: These nutrition facts assume this recipe makes 3 servings and are calculated only for the zucchini tots themselves, without the dipping sauce.
Per Serving: 197 calories; 10 g fat; 6 g saturated fat; 13 g carbohydrates; 2 g fiber; 15 g protein; 89 mg cholesterol; 504 mg sodium.