Firecracker Shrimp Bowls
Crispy spicy shrimp bowls perfect for a 4th of July celebration!
- For the Shrimp:
- 24 shrimp
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp milk
- About 1 cup flaming hot Cheetos crumbs For the Sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp sriracha (or more, if you love spice!)
- 2-4 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce (to taste depending on how sweet you like the sauce. Sugar can also be substituted if you don’t have sweet chili sauce – start with 1 tsp, taste, and work your way up!)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar For the Bowls:
- 4 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Assorted chopped vegetables (I recommend scallions, cucumbers, carrots, shredded cabbage, and tomatoes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prep shrimp coating: Mix flour with salt and pepper and place on a plate. Scramble eggs with milk and place in shallow bowl. Place flaming hot Cheetos crumbs on a plate.
- Make shrimp: coat each shrimp with the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture, followed by the Cheetos crumbs. Bake shrimp at 400 degrees F on parchment lined baking sheet for 8 minutes.
- Make the Sauce: combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl
- Assemble: Portion out rice into bowls. Top with assorted vegetables, firecracker shrimp, and special sauce. Enjoy!